Mama Thai subject of armed robbery
Mama Thai, 1112 Madison St., was robbed June 18 when a man carrying a firearm entered the restaurant at 5:06 p.m., showed his weapon and demanded money. The man was last seen going westbound on Madison Street on foot, carrying an estimated $300 in cash.
Two men, one with a handgun, approached two Oak Park residents from behind, showed the gun and demanded their property at 7:21 p.m., June 19 in the 100 block of Harvard Street; the men were last seen carrying two iPhones and a wallet taken from the victims running westbound on Harvard Street, where they met up with a third man. The estimated loss is $2,000.
- Someone went into an unlocked residential garage then entered the victim's blue 2019 Volkswagen Atlas and took a pair of prescription sunglasses, a small toolkit, a bicycle light kit and a men's black and red Cannondale Quick 8 bicycle from inside the vehicle between 9 p.m., June 16 and 8:20 a.m., June 17 in the 700 block of Woodbine Avenue. The estimated loss is $900.
- Someone broke the front passenger window of a vehicle and removed a debit card and a small amount of cannabis from inside in the 500 block of South Maple Avenue between 10 p.m., June 18 and 5:40 a.m., June 19. Estimated loss unknown.
- A man broke the front glass door of Tobacco & Vape CBD store, 6415 North Ave., by throwing a landscaping brick and then took numerous tobacco-related products from inside June 19 between 5:07 a.m. and 5:12 a.m. Estimated loss is unknown.
- The catalytic converter was cut from a green 2001 Honda Accord parked in the 900 block of Lyman Avenue at 4:30 a.m., June 13. The estimated loss is $3,000.
- Someone removed a green and black Sun Joe power washer from an unlocked garage in the 1200 block of Linden Avenue between 2 p.m., June 13 and noon, June 14. The estimated loss is $150.
- The catalytic converter was cut from a maroon 2005 Honda CRV parked in the 500 block of Wesley Avenue between 2 p.m. and 4:17 p.m., June 16. The estimated loss is $2,000.
- Someone stole a black and white patio chair from a residential backyard in the 500 block of Lyman Avenue between 8:30 p.m. and 11:30 p.m., June 16. The estimated loss is $100.
- A rainbow pride flag was taken from a resident's front porch between 5 p.m., June 16 and 7:20 a.m., June 17 in the 200 block of South Harvey Avenue.
- The catalytic converter was cut from a 2004 Chevrolet Malibu parked in the 200 block of South Marion Street between 7:35 a.m. and 5 p.m., June 17. The estimated loss is $812.79.
- The catalytic converter was cut from a 2005 Buick Rendezvous parked in the 100 block of North Kenilworth Avenue between 1 p.m., May 19 and 9 a.m., June 16. The estimated loss is unknown.
- The catalytic converter was taken from a 2003 Pontiac Sunfire parked in the 100 block of Flournoy Street between 8 p.m., June 17 and 4:35 p.m., June 18. Estimated loss is $190.
Criminal damage to property
Someone shot at and damaged an unoccupied vehicle parked in the 300 block of South Austin Boulevard at 4:42 a.m., June 20.
Compiled by Stacey Sheridan
Answer Book 2019
To view the full print edition of the Wednesday Journal 2019 Answer Book, please click here.
Sign-up to get the latest news updates for Oak Park and River Forest.
|Submit Letter To The Editor|
|Place a Classified Ad|