Three men, one with a firearm, approached a car owner and demanded the victim's car keys and cash, then fled in the parked silver 2013 Chevrolet Impala at 1:35 a.m., May 6 in the 500 block of South Austin Boulevard. Police said the men were last seen heading eastbound on Interstate 290. Estimated loss is $10,000.
Police recovered the vehicle at 3:08 p.m., May 6 in the 3800 block of Washington Boulevard, Chicago. No arrests were made.
- The catalytic converter was cut from a 2004 Honda Utility parked in the 700 block of South Oak Park Avenue between 8:30 p.m., April 30 and 3 p.m., May 2. Estimated loss is $2,000.
- The catalytic converter was cut from a 2007 Honda CRV parked in the 200 block of South Maple Avenue between 8 a.m., April 27 and midnight, May 1. Estimated loss is $800.
- Someone took two charcoal Weber grills, a black wicker outdoor loveseat, two black wicker side chairs and three Aztec-colored 21-inch-by-15-inch flowerpots from the patio of a residence in the 700 block of Hayes Avenue between 8:30 p.m., May 4 and 11:22 a.m., May 5. Estimated loss is $838.
- Someone removed a candelabra, a Milwaukee drill, a 12-inch Makita chop saw, a wooden storm window and a bucket of miscellaneous hand tools from the victim's property in the 900 block of Wenonah Avenue between 5 p.m., April 30 and 4 p.m., May 8. Estimated loss is $2,000.
- An unlocked 1999 Lexus RX300 with a spare key inside was stolen between 3 a.m. and 6:30 a.m., May 5 in the 1200 block of North Austin Boulevard. Estimated loss is $3,000. Chicago police recovered the vehicle at 12:42 p.m., May 9 in the 600 block of North Central Avenue, Chicago. No apprehensions were made.
- Someone took a black 2015 Chevrolet Tahoe, parked in the 400 block of North Cuyler Avenue, between 11 p.m., May 9 and 8 a.m., May 10. The vehicle was recovered by Waukegan police at an unknown time, date and location without any apprehensions.
Criminal damage to property
- Someone broke into a vacant residence, possibly through an unlocked window, then burned construction paper, damaged the drywall, and splattered duct sealer and plaster on floors and walls between 5 p.m., May 3 and 8:15 a.m., May 5 in the 800 block of South East Avenue. Estimated damage is $10,000.
- A man kicked and damaged the front glass of Dunkin' Donuts, 7117 N. Ave., between 1:55 and 1:57 p.m., May 5.
These items, obtained from the Oak Park Police Department, came from reports, May 2-11, and represent a portion of the incidents to which police responded. Anyone named in these reports has only been charged with a crime and cases have not yet been adjudicated. We report the race of a suspect only when a serious crime has been committed, the suspect is still at large, and police have provided us with a detailed physical description of the suspect as they seek the public's help in making an arrest.
Compiled by Stacey Sheridan
Answer Book 2019
To view the full print edition of the Wednesday Journal 2019 Answer Book, please click here.
Sign-up to get the latest news updates for Oak Park and River Forest.
|Submit Letter To The Editor|
|Place a Classified Ad|