All Oak Parkers should take the Illinois concealed-carry class. With rights come responsibilities. The sweet science of concealed-carry, just like boxing, is the sweet science of not getting hit. Concealed-carry is the sweet science of not getting shot and not shooting another person.
Call 911 and let the police handle it.
Classical Oak Parkers include those who:
- Don't like guns.
- Are scared of guns.
- Worry that an armed robber may get hurt if his victim has a gun.
- Believe the police will always protect them.
- Are surprised that concealed-carry has not led to more shootings.
- Don't mind if minorities in poor communities are unable to defend themselves.
- Live comfortable lives in safe communities.
With the armed robberies occurring every week in Oak Park, concealed-carry instruction might decrease the number of potential victims since a big part of not getting shot is not being a target in the first place.
With rights come responsibilities. I take advantage of the right to defend myself and family. I am responsible in knowing:
- how to not get shot and
- how to not shoot another person
- and to call 911 and let the police handle it.
Every Oak Parker should be responsible for learning how to not get shot, even if they would never shoot another person no matter what.
And to call 911 and let the police handle it.
John Peder Erickson
Answer Book 2019
To view the full print edition of the Wednesday Journal 2019 Answer Book, please click here.
Sign-up to get the latest news updates for Oak Park and River Forest.
|Submit Letter To The Editor|
|Place a Classified Ad|