Someone who fell asleep in the waiting room at Rush-Oak Park Hospital, 520 S. Maple Ave., was the victim of theft between 5 and 10 a.m. on Oct. 27.
The thief removed the wallet from the victim's pants pocket while he slept. The estimated loss was $40.
- A 2018 Mazda CX3 was stolen from a garage in the 1000 block of South Ridgeland Avenue between 6 p.m. on Oct. 31 and 7:49 a.m. on Nov. 1. The offender entered through an unlocked side service door and then entered a gray 2016 Nissan Rogue parked inside with its key fob nearby. The offender used the key fob to enter and steal the Mazda. The estimated loss is $21,000.
- A silver 2017 Infinity G37 sedan that was reported stolen out of Oak Park on Oct. 19, 2018, was recovered by Chicago Police after it was abandoned in the 4300 block of West Thomas, Chicago, at 2:36 p.m. on Oct. 30.
Oak Park burglaries
- A garage was burglarized in the 1000 block of South Cuyler Avenue sometime between 8 p.m. on Oct. 31 and 8:40 on Nov. 1. The offender entered through an unlocked side service door, entered an unlocked gray 2013 Toyota Corolla parked inside and removed a duffel bag containing an estimated $2,000 worth of hair styling equipment.
- A 2016 Chevrolet Express G250 was burglarized in the 500 block of North Harvey Avenue between 7 and 8 a.m. on Nov. 1. The offender forced open the lock and stole three rolls of gage wire, two orange and yellow Dewalt tool bags, which contained a hammer drill, batteries and a charger, a Dewalt band saw with two batteries and a charger. The estimated loss was $1,150.
- An apartment was burglarized in the 400 block of Washington Boulevard between 1 p.m. on Oct. 27 and 8:45 on Oct. 29. The offender forced open a living-room window, ransacked the apartment and stole a Cannon Rebel T51 camera from the bedroom closet. The estimated loss is $600.
- A residence was burglarized in the 800 block of South Euclid Avenue between 10:30 a.m. and 12:49 p.m. on Oct. 30. The offender shattered the front door window to gain entry the residence, ransacked multiple rooms and stole cash, a PlayStation 3 videogame system and two controllers, The estimated loss was $665, plus $400 in Canadian currency.
- A residence was burglarized in the 400 block of South Taylor Avenue between 2:30 and 10 a.m. on Oct. 29. The offender entered possibly through an unlocked rear window and then ransacked several dresser drawers in the bedrooms and closets, stealing a brown Gucci fanny pack and a brown Louis Vuitton purse. The estimated loss was $2,600.
- A residence was burglarized in the 200 block of South Oak Park Avenue between 7 a.m. and 7:42 p.m. on Oct. 29. The offender entered the apartment through a closed but unlocked bedroom window, ransacked the apartment and took a jar containing approximately $100 in loose change.
A man entered the back room of a house through an unlocked door in the 800 block of North Taylor Avenue at 12:45 p.m. on Oct. 29, but immediately fled upon seeing someone inside the residence, according to police.
The man was described as black, 5-foot-10, having a slim build and wearing a baseball cap, a thin black jacket and blue jeans. No loss was reported.
These items, obtained from the Oak Park and River Forest police departments, came from reports, Oct. 29-Nov. 1, and represent a portion of the incidents to which police responded. Anyone named in these reports has only been charged with a crime and cases have not yet been adjudicated. We report the race of a suspect only when a serious crime has been committed, the suspect is still at large, and police have provided us with a detailed physical description of the suspect as they seek the public's help in making an arrest.
Compiled by Timothy Inklebarger
Answer Book 2018
To view the full print edition of the Wednesday Journal 2018 Answer Book, please click here.
Sign-up to get the latest news updates for Oak Park and River Forest.
|Submit Letter To The Editor|
|Place a Classified Ad|